Marilyn Levin is a Social Entrepreneur
who has been engaged in several initiatives that are accelerating the global transformation that is currently underway.
She is an award winning activist, a professional speaker and trainer and the author of Experiential Activities for a Better World, www.experientialactivitiesforabetterworld.com.
She is the Managing Director of the Spreading KINS Division of Green America. KINS Innovation Networks, www.kinsinnovation.org, brings together high integrity servant leaders to catalyze a globally just and sustainable world.
She is Founder of Global Sufficiency Network, serving the cultural shift out of the mindset of scarcity and served as Campaign Director for Four Years. Go, www.fouryearsgo.org, an initiative to put humanity on a just, sustainable and fulfilling path by 2014.
While she is very happily consumed with serving as the Managing Director of the Spreading KINS Innovation Networks Division (working with luminary Susan Davis as a program of Green America), she is available for a select few speaking and training gigs each year.
Those who benefit most from a consulting relationship with Marilyn are those who are looking for a speaker/trainer with broad based, real world experience. She has extensive experience in diversity, inclusivity, personal and global transformation, transformational activism and leveraging privilege for the good of all. She specializes in empowering people to thrive in tough times and challenging circumstances.
Igniting Passion Power & Possibility
Marilyn Levin, M.S.W. uses her talents as a trainer and speaker to ignite the passion, power and possibility that lives within each of us!
Marilyn's participants RAVE about her ability to move groups past where they thought they could go, leaving them empowered to create transformations in their lives.
Marilyn is an award winning activist, educator and athlete with a broad range of experience in: transformation, social justice/diversity, youth, experiential education and non-profit work.
Marilyn presents dynamic and experiential keynotes, seminars and workshops. Marilyn uses a high energy, humorous, experiential approach to explore topics like:
- Transformational Activism
- Sufficiency: How to Have, Do and Be Enough
- Truly Thriving in Tough Times
- Be a Donor, Save a Life
- The Full Spectrum of Social Justice & Diversity Issues,
- Self Care for Helping Professionals,
- Experiential Approaches to Teaching and Training,
- Individual and Organizational Transformation,
- Train the Trainers - on any of above topics.
Marilyn has presented well over 500 workshops, speeches or seminars to over 15,000 people since 1999. View complete resume'.
Marilyn's clients rave about her ability to make topics engaging, relevant and enjoyable for her participants. In particular, Marilyn is a master at taking topics that have the potential to be controversial, problematic or uninteresting to her audiences and making them come alive even for the most reticent participants.
Participants consistently leave Marilyn's presentations with a clearer sense of their value in the world, an increased awareness of their strengths and abilities and an enhanced sense of power and possibility!
Marilyn Levin is a social entrepreneur engaged in several initiatives that are accelerating the global transformation that is currently underway. She is an award winning activist, a professional speaker and trainer and the author of Experiential Activities for a Better World, www.experientialactivitiesforabetterworld.com. She is currently the Director of the Spreading KINS Division of Green America. KINS Innovation Networks, www.capitalmissions.org, brings together high integrity servant leaders to catalyze a globally sustainable economy. She is Founder of Global Sufficiency Network, serving the cultural shift out of the mindset of scarcity that fuels fear, greed and conflict in our society and served as Campaign Director for Four Years. Go, www.fouryearsgo.org, an initiative to put humanity on a just, sustainable and fulfilling path by 2014.
NEW! Organizational Consulting
Marilyn works with organizations to:
- Improve organizational and interpersonal effectiveness,
- Increase personnel satisfaction,
- Transform difficult interpersonal dynamics,
- Enhance organization culture, and
- Resolve long-standing conflicts.
Organizational Consulting is custom designed to meet your organizational needs and can include one or all of the following services:
- Training and Facilitation
- Individual Coaching
- Small Group Coaching
- Train the Trainers
- Motivational Speaking
- Experiential Team Building
Experiential Activities for a Better World delivers the information and inspiration you need to become a catalyst for personal and global transformation. It provides insights, methods, perspectives, tools and over 100 activities for facilitators, teachers, counselors, trainers, and group leaders – anyone who would like to transform injustice and inspire hope and healing in themselves and others.
Marilyn received the "Karl Rohnke Creativity Award" in 2012 by the Association for Experiential Education (AEE) for her outstanding commitment to experiential education principles as evidenced through the design, creation and/or production of experiential education resources.
Expanded version of book with additional activities and materials with Spanish speaking cultures in mind is now available in Spanish - www.actividadesexperienciales.com
Versión ampliada del libro con otras actividades y materiales de lengua española culturas en mente ahora está disponible en español - www.actividadesexperienciales.com
Affiliations & Honors
- Karl Rohnke Creativity Award from AEE (Association for Experiential Education) 2012
- Diverse and Resilient - Governor's Commendation (2007)
- Diverse and Resilient - Adult Ally of the Year (2006)
- Quest for Global Healing Conference participant (2004)
- 2005 Couleecap Community Activist Award
- Activist of the Year 2001, YWCA Tribute to Outstanding Women
- Past Chair, Professional Group Leadership Council, and Past Board Member, Association for Experiential Education
- Professional Member, National Speakers Association & NSA-Wisconsin
- Masters Degree in Social Welfare; Certified as an Advanced Practice Social Worker
- Past Branch Chair and Board Member, National Association of Social Workers - Wisconsin
- Courage Award, Wisconsin AIDS Fund, 2000
- Adjunct Instructor, Viterbo University and University of Wisconsin Madison Extension, 2001
- Youth Advocacy Award, National Youth Advocacy Coalition, 2000
- Founder of GALAXY (Gay Alliance of LaCrosse Area Youth), RAY (Rainbow Alliance for Youth) and Coulee Region Social Justice Coalition
- Certified Challenge Course Facilitator, Courses in Wisconsin, New Hampshire and Texas
"We are the ones we've been waiting for..."
- The Elders, Hopi Nation
"When you discard your own pettiness, center yourself in integrity, and reach into your soul for your greatness, it is always there" - Lynne Twist
Partial List of Clients
- Absence of Color Conference
- American Camping Association-Mid-States Conference
- Association for Gender Equity Leadership in Education Conference
- Association of Experiential Education International Conferences
- Association of Experiential Education Heartland Region Conferences, West Region Conference, Northeast Region Conference
- Blackhawk Technical College
- Black River Falls Middle School
- Camp Anytown Leadership Institute
- Center for Urban Population Health
- Community Action Program
- Couleecap, Inc.
- Community Action Program, Inc.
- Coulee Region Mediation & Restorative Justice
- Council on Racial and Ethnic Justice
- Dane County Human Services
- Diverse & Resilient
- Family and Children's Center
- Fundamental Change Conference
- Girl Scouts - Riverland Council
- GLSEN Wisconsin State Conference
- GLSEN Leadership Institute
- Great Rivers United Way
- Gundersen Lutheran Social Services
- HIV Youth Leaders Institute
- Hmong Mutual Assistance Association
- Independent Living Resources
- Institute for Experiential Education
- International Association of Administrative Professionals
- Junior Optimists & Optimists
- La Crosse Chamber of Commerce
- La Crosse Community Foundation
- La Crosse County Human Services and Health Departments
- Lakeshore Technical College
- Lakeside Wellness Conference
- Lone Star Lion's Eye Bank
- Madison Area Technical College
- Martin Luther King Non-Violence Project
- Midwest LGBT College Conference
- Minnesota Network Building Conference
- National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice Conference
- National Association of Social Workers Wisconsin Conference
- National College Student Services Conference
- National Conference for Community and Justice
- National Conference on Student Leadership
- National Society for Experiential Education
- National Youth Advocacy Coalition
- North Carolina Outward Bound
- Numerous Elementary, Middle, High Schools in Wisconsin,
- Minnesota, New Hampshire and Texas
- Office of Judicial Education, Wisconsin
- Options in Reproductive Care
- Out Youth Austin
- Prescott College
- Princeton University Outdoor Action Program
- Remarkable Women Conference
- Safe Schools, Safe Communities Conference
- Social Justice Coalition Strategic Planning Retreat
- Society for the Study of Social Problems International Conference
- St. Cloud Children's Home
- Stillwater Area School District
- Sussex School District
- T.E.A.M. (Teachers of Experiential and Adventure Methodology)
- United Way of Dane County
- Unity Church of the Hills
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse, Madison, Milwaukee, Whitewater (a wide variety of departments)
- University of Wisconsin - MEPD Learning Communities, Office of Multicultural Student Services Residence Life and Student Life
- University of Wisconsin Medical School
- Viterbo University
- Western Wisconsin Technical College
- Western Wisconsin Education Conference
- Wisconsin Business Education Association
- Wisconsin Department of Corrections
- Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Wisconsin HIV/AIDS Fall Conference
- Wisconsin HIV/AIDS Peer Education Conference
- Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice Assembly
- Wisconsin Prevention Conference
- Wisconsin School Counselors Association
- Wisconsin School Psychologists Association
- Wisconsin School Psychologists Conference
- Wisconsin State Training Conference
- University of Wisconsin Small Business Development Center
- Youth Development Specialists Workshops (Diverse & Resilient)
- Youth Resource Network
- Youth Workers Coalition Conference
- YWCA of the Coulee Region